Cemetery Walk: October 11, 2020
We will be hosting the 13th Cemetery Walk this year. Times are always 3:00, 3:15, 3:30 and admission are by donation. This takes place at the Glenwood Cemetery on West Main Street, across from the Fire Station. In the event of rain, bring an umbrella, Watch for a sign posted in the cemetery. This has become a very popular event.
Tour of Historic Main Street
Pollyanna Day (Second Saturday of June), Chamber of Commerce Art Show (September). Rethinking schedule for the rest of the year. Keep an eye open.
Paranormal Night at the Opera House
October 23, 2020, 7:00pm -10:00pm, Littleton Opera House. Admission is $25.00 per person. Limited to 50 guests. Paranormal investigator, Tony Ardolino, and his associates will offer table tilting, glass swirling, and other mystical events. Psychic Medium, Josh Simonds of Deep Earth Arts, Littleton, will be offering a 90-minute gallery reading in the Tower Room (former Court Room). Tickets now on sale @ Littleton Historical Museum (Wed and Sat during hours), Littleton Opera House Office (M-F), Deep Earth Arts, 24 Porter St (Take Pollyanna Gateway to the bottom, goto parking lot, turn right, there it is #24). This event is in the planning stage.
Harvest Festival/Jack-O-Lanterns on the River
October 24 - Along the Ammonoosuc River, you will see an incredible sight. Hundreds of carved Jack-O-Lanterns on the rocks. Zombies marching from Main Street to the river, eerie music played on the organ in the gazebo. Food vendors and entertainment. Starts at 6:00 pm.
The museum opens its doors to students of all ages. We have hosted early elementary classes through college. The curator has 38 + years of teaching experience in the middle school, high school, and college levels. Call us (603-444-6435) to plan your next field trip.
We open the museum for special occasions and scheduled tours. If your tour company would like to include us on your agenda, we could be more than glad to accommodate your need. We have had guests from across the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia. Please consider including the museum in your itinerary.
Check out our Facebook page (Littleton Historical Museum -be sure you're doing NH). You can binge-watch historic programs on topics such as Bette Davis, Bowman's Tavern, A Boy Named Charlie, Saranac Glove Company, and Ira Parker, the 1918 Influenza Pandemic in Littleton, and more being added. We're trying to figure how to move thee programs to Youtube for those of you who don't participate in Facebook. Be patient and keep your eyes open. Stay safe and social distance yourself.
Hold your next meeting at the museum. We can provide seating for a small grouping (25-35) as well as a Powerpoint presentation on a variety of local interest. We have hosted the Garden Club as well as the Ladies Auxiliary from a local church. Donations are welcome.
All programming has been canceled until further notice due to coronavirus. Stay well.
- January 17, 2020 - Annual Meeting -6:00 pm -6:30 pm - Tower Room of Littleton Opera House. Followed by slide presentation (real, old-school side projector): Growing Up in Apthorp - Audience participation encouraged.6:30 -7:30
- February 21, 2020 - Grand Hotels of the White Mountains
- March 13, 2020 - Civilian Conservation Corps (Held in the Main Hall) Cancelled due to Corona Virus. Will try to run the program at a later date.
- April 17, 2020 -Poor Houses/County Farms Cancelled
- May 15, 2020 - Barns Cancelled
- June 13, 2020 - Pollyanna Day - Main Street Tour - 6:00 pm - start @ Community house
- July 10, 2020 - Three Stooges take on the Axis powers (Episode 2) (Held in the Main Hall)
- August 21, 2020 - Movie: TWO - Filmed in Littleton during the early 1970s. Not called " The Captive"
- September 18, 2020 - Chamber of Commerce Art Show - Museum sponsored Photo Contest
- October 11, 2020 - Annual Cemetery Walk - 3:00, 3:15, 3:30 Glenwood Cemetery, West Main Street, Littleton. NH
- October 23, 2020 - Paranormal night (Tentative)
Keep an eye open on this space. We're planning a candle light tour of the museum. Haven't scheduled the date. Still in planning stage. We are also looking into another guest speaker on the Eddy Family: Spiritualists from Vermont who did a seance at the Thayers Hotel.
All programming take place in the Tower Room of the Opera House with the exception of the Three Stooges event. That will be in the Grand Hall of the Opera House. Events start at 6:30 pm and end at 7:3o pm.
Admission is FREE. We do accept donations to cover the costs of space rental and mileage for our presenters.
Follow us on Facebook for continual advertising. Don't forget to follow our radio program on WLTN (if you're local) on Tuesday mornings at 7:30.